Unique ways of presenting your lessons can do wonders for student engagement and social-emotional learning. Promethean offers tools to assist you in getting this spring off to a great start with the ActivPanel Classroom Essential apps and innovative software solutions like ActivInspire.
The Promethean ActivPanel Classroom Essential apps offer innovative ways to bring interaction and excitement to your everyday lessons:
- Annotate app: easy to use and helps you mark up anything displayed on your ActivPanel screen.
- Spinner and Timer apps: bring some gamification to any lesson (now offered as Promethean Web apps for use with the Chromebox or OPS-M).
- Promethean Whiteboard app: interactivity is easy—just capture your worksheets using the Screen Capture app to create reusable whiteboard lessons.
- You can open any .jpg or .png file on the whiteboard and share the saved .pwb files with colleagues using the cloud connect option or through a connected USB drive.
ActivInspire is Promethean’s award-winning software for creating and delivering engaging and interactive lessons. With ActivInspire, students can explore your material in new ways. Quickly create interactivity using Rub and Reveal or Drag Copy actions, or upload files to add to any lesson.
Visit the Promethean Resource Library to find already created ActivInspire flipcharts to quickly save, download, and present.
Easy resources and ideas
Use ActivInspire flipchart templates
- Begin each day or class with “Good News” shared by your students. Download the flipchart for this idea.
- Create a new attendance flipchart with these ideas.
- Create a classroom game with these ideas and templates.
Add music to your teaching
- We Are Teachers: school-appropriate songs to bring some pep or relaxation to your classroom.
- Scratch Garden: Laughing and Learning for Young Minds on YouTube is filled with songs for teaching Phonics, Science, English, Math, Art, and more.
- Edutopia: 6 Smart Ways to Bring Music into the Classroom.
- Waterford.org: 50 Ways to Teach Using Music in Your Classroom with links to ideas for brain breaks, games, as well as, books to bring music into your lessons.
Play games with your students
- Teachhub.com: Fun Review Activities and Classroom Games to Do Now.
- Teaching Expertise: 23 Review Activities For High School.
- Edutopia: How to Use Gameplay to Enhance Classroom Learning.
Enhance your curriculum
- Ditch That Textbook: 25 virtual field trips for your classroom with easy-to-access links.
- Discovery Education: Interactive Virtual Field Trips.
- We Are Teachers: History Facts That Will Shock and Amaze Your Students. (Great conversation starters!)
- We Are Teachers: 50 STEM Activities to Help Kids Think Outside the Box.
- Berkeley.edu: Alternatives to Tests for upper grades.
- We Are Teachers: More ideas for Alternatives to Tests.
Use Promethean Solutions to jump-start your lessons by taking the Creating Activities course.
Check out our quick ideas each week with ProTips.